To help commemorate the 14th Annual FIU Scholarship Fishing Tournament, the FIU Alumni Association is asking student artists to create unique and original artwork inspired by FIU and the fishing community. One winner will receive a $500 scholarship, to be awarded at the dock party and for the Fall 2016 semester.
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
We’re looking for commemorative illustrations inspired by FIU and the fishing community.
Pictured above: past year tournament poster
Things you need to include
- Required text: 14th Annual FIU Scholarship Fishing Tournament & Dock Party
- Required images: FIU Alumni Association logo, TotalBank logo, a mahi mahi “dolphin”
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) of the winning design.
- Student designers are welcome to make more than one submission.
- To learn more about the tournament, view the recap video and photo album.
Things you should avoid
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- DO NOT use stock images or clip art.
- Absolutely NO photos.
Posters will be judged on
- Quality of design
- Creativity and originality of the artwork
- Appropriate theme
Designs must be submitted using the Poster Contest Submission Form. Deadline is October 30, 2015. Winner will be selected by FIU Alumni Association staff and notified by November 13, 2015.
FIU will retain all reproduction rights to submitted artwork with credit given to the artist. FIU agrees not to sell any of the artwork or any reproduction.
Artists warrant that they are the sole proprietor of the artwork and agree to assign all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the artwork to FIU. Entries must be original concept and constitute an original work and must not infringe on the protected rights of other artists or violate any applicable copyright laws.