So you’ve crossed the stage, received your diploma and you’re ready to begin a new chapter of life. Many graduates will go right into the workforce, others may take time to travel, and some will continue their education.
But the affinity with FIU remains. All graduates now belong to the FIU Alumni Association, enjoying lifelong benefits like career development services, networking opportunities and discounts.
Here are six things every new graduate should do to keep in touch with FIU:
1) Get connected. Follow FIU and FIU Alumni on social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to stay connected with your alma mater and network with other alumni. Subscribe to FIU News to keep up with the latest university news. Submit personal updates, such as new jobs, marriages and awards, to appear in the class notes section of FIU Magazine. Update your contact information to track your career changes and ensure delivery of important alumni updates.
2) Hashtag it. Use #FIUAlumni to share memories of sporting events, networking and social hours, and other FIU nostalgia. Use #HireFIU to search job openings, share resumes and network with other Panthers in the job market.
3) Join an alumni network. The Alumni Association offers Panther Networks nationwide, connecting alumni based on location, college or school, and special interests. Panther Networks support members through networking and social events, community service opportunities and fundraising.
4) Flaunt your Panther spirit. Stock up on FIU gear from the bookstore and Victoria’s Secret PINK. And be sure to order the new FIU license plate for your car – the proceeds benefit scholarships for FIU students.
5) Register for Panther Perks. FIU alumni are eligible for more than 100,000 local and national discounts at hotels, theme parks, stores, and restaurants from Abenity.
6) Give back. If you are able, consider making a tax-deductible donation to FIU in support of scholarship funds, educational programs and more. Donors who give $600 in support of the FIU Alumni Association scholarships and programs will become Forever Panthers. Click here for more information.
via FIU News