Yay, you’ve graduated! Now what? Are you moving out? Do you know when to begin paying student loans? Do you know how to get a great deal on a car? How will you stand out in the job market? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Really, these questions could go on forever. Is this giving you anxiety?! Adulting is hard!
When reality hits, you might feel pretty unprepared to deal. Just know that you are not alone! We’re here to help you navigate post-college life and answer some seriously important questions. Basically, everything you need to know, but didn’t know to ask as a student.
The FIU Young Alumni Council has your back. Join us on Saturday, November 19 for an all-day cram-fest packed with useful information that will help you survive and succeed IRL.
Get ready to adult with confidence. We promise it will be #majorkey.
Pre-registration is now closed. Walk-ups are welcome.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Keynote: The Corporate Survival Guide for Your Twenties
- Kayla Buell ’10, MPA ’12, author and blogger at lostgenygirl.com
Session 1: Set Yourself up for Financial Success
- Becoming Financially Appealing, Credit Card Risks & Rewards, What is a Credit Score and Why is it Important
- How to Manage Student Loan Debt
Session 2: Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?
- Is Graduate School Right for Me?
- How to Create your Own Business/Startup
- What Does My Major Really Mean?
Session 3: Adulting 101
- What is a 401K, How to Invest in Retirement
- Navigating Healthcare After 26
Session 4: How to Build Your Empire
- Networking Efficiently/Mentorship Opportunities
- Social Media Branding After College
Session 5: Adulting Phase Two
- The Apartment Rental Market in Miami and First Time Home Buyers Programs
- How To Purchase/Lease a Car
- How to File Your Own Taxes and What Happens When You Don’t
Session 6: #insertyournamehere Make Them Remember
- Enhancing and Developing your Resume
- How to Market Yourself During an Interview
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and a cafecito break
- 15 minute session breaks featuring:
- Two minute resume reviews
- Ask our career professionals to quickly review your resume to offer some advice on design, layout, keywords and more
- Two minute interview consultations
- Ask our YAC members anything about your interview concerns and curiosities, seek advice and more
- Two minute industry advising sessions
- Ask our YAC members for tips on getting into their specific fields
- Meet our sponsors
- Learn about the awesome conference supporters – we bet they have some free stuff to share, too
- Free gift from the FIU Young Alumni Council